If you get in trouble, you probably need to call the poice, the firefighters or an ambulance. Even if your mobile phone has no connection, you can still dial emergency numbers. If you don’t speak German, call the European emergency number 112. We hope, you won’t need it – but better be save than sorry!
The Austrian police has a phone number for gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgenders, namely +43 (0) 1 31310 78 900. In case of harassment or sensitive cases or even complaints and general inquiries you can call this phone number. There is also an organization for gays, lesbians and transgenders in the police, the Gay Cops Austria.
- Fire service: 122
- Police: 133
- Ambulance / rescue: tel. 144
- Emergency doctor: tel. 141
- European emergency: tel. 112
- ViennaMed doctor’s hotline for visitors (0-24): tel. +43-1-513 95 95
- Evening and weekend dental service (taped service): tel. +43-1-512 20 78
- Evening and Sunday drugstores (0-24): tel. 1455
The hotline 0800 633 42 46 offers a free initial consultation for medical problems and helps you find suitable measures to take. German, English, Italian, French. http://0800medicine.at/ and www.zakel.at
- ÖAMTC: 120
- ARBÖ: 123